Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I like my partner.

I have spent the better part of the past three years working with members of the opposite sex.  It seems to work out well for my company, and that's cool with me.  We seem to do lots of female psych calls.  I mean LOTS.  It might be something in the water.


I've had only good partners lately.  Well, except for the occasional McTalkalot and McAsksalotofquestions, and Dragon Breath.  But whatever.


Recently, I was assigned a new partner, Slimm.  This is Slimm's first ALS 911 ambulance.  He has some good experience on a non-emergency truck, and a good head on his shoulders.  He has been learning how to run 12-leads, set up ventilators, and has gotten some good interventions under his belt.  He is going to be a fantastic paramedic one day.  We get along well, and our personalities mesh well together.  I like to run scenes quickly, and move patients to the ambulance, so the fire crews can go back in service and get back to their games of checkers.  Slimm just wants to take people to the hospital.


Slimm laughs at my jokes, too.  Which helps. 


Plus, he drives as smooth as butter.  It will be a sad day when Slimm gets moved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment