Sunday, September 11, 2011

6:1 is a pretty good ratio.

Accident with possible injuries with airbag deployment 2 miles away.

Whatever.

Slimm is away playing soldier this weekend, and I have partner of the day.  It's okay, though.  Even though he is an incredible idiot, he follows direction well, like "right" and "left" and "straight."

It's not too far away, and happens to be on the road we are currently on.  We would run into the wreck even if we didn't want to.

2 cars, both with front end damage, both facing the same direction.  How does that happen?  Damage isn't too bad.  And, low and behold, there is actually airbag deployment. 

As we drive by, and park in a safe spot, I count 9 people standing around doing nothing.  9 people.  2 cars.  Seriously?

"Who is driving which car?"

"Uh.  This guy is driving the white car, and the girl in the back of the black car was driving the blue car." 

Okay.  Wait.  What?  Whatever.  I'm on my way to the black car when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, what took you guys so long?  We have been waiting 20 minutes.  And where are the police officers?"

"Which car were you driving, sir?" 

"Oh, I wasn't involved in the accident, I just witnessed it happen."

"Okay then.  Have a nice day."

Finally I get to the girl in the back seat of the car.  Initial impression: not a damned thing wrong with her.  And mildly cute.

Before I can open my mouth, someone pipes up.  A new person who I hadn't noticed on scene.  Oh, that's because she took it upon herself to stop at an accident with bullshit damage and jump all up in my scene.  I don't like her before he gets the first syllable out of her mouth.

"Are there any children involved?  Because I'm a pediatric nurse, and I can, you know, help out if you need any help.  If there are any children."

Well, fantastic.  I'm a 9 handicap.  Why don't you go grab my 6iron so I can hit make this approach shot? 


"No, there aren't any kids involved, but thanks."  But maybe you want to hang out in case someone needs their MMR booster.

Finally, I make it to the cute girl.  I mean patient.  I can clearly see the abrasions on her face from the airbags.  Nothing more than superficial.  I think she will make it.

"Hi, are you hurting anywhere?"

"No, I told that man not to call for an ambulance.  We just need the police department."

"Okay then.  Homey is going to take your blood pressure.  Can you sign here please?"

"Who are all these people?"

I have no clue, young lady.  No clue.  As we get in the ambulance to leave the dramatic scene, I spot an additional 3 people getting out of a car across the street and walking towards the crash. 

2 cars.  2 drivers.  No complaints.  12 bystanders.  Not much more bothers me than people who decide to insert themselves into my scene when they know they don't belong. 

12 ******* bystanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment