Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So much for social networking.

This social networking thing has gotten out of hand.  I have previously commented on one of them, here.  I have become quite disappointed in the childish behavior exhibited by my coworkers and colleagues.  I seriously thought higher of people than I should have.

One would think, with the seriousness of this profession, there would be a modicum of adult behavior, but no, some of us have decided to resort to name-calling and trash-talking.  This is supposed to be a field of adults, but we too often stoop to a high-school level with our behavior.  I have been guilty of it as well.  But not any more. 
So I cleaned up my Facebook friends.  No longer will I be "friends" with my coworkers, because, frankly, my coworkers aren't my "friends."  They are my "coworkers."  I may make a CCC Facebook page later, in an effort to expand my readership, but we will have to see. 

I know that several of my readers are my friends on Facebook, and I frankly trust them to maintain my anonymity, and to behave like the adults that I know they are.  So, if you are here, and you are there, then I consider you a friend, and I am glad to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment