Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old friends

I have been catching up with old friends lately.  Mostly through Facebook, but also through emails and other correspondence. 

I am impressed with the level of success that my friends have obtained.

JB, a friend from Sunday School and Church, is now the Dean of Admissions for a large, Division 1 university.

TG, an old bicycling friend, is now a recognized figure in the "fit" movement, and a big part of Tony Horton's P90X program, and has been featured in videos and blogs and such.  (His work has inspired me to become "unfat" as I like to say.)

RL is an old partner of mine from the renal roundup days.  He is now a physician in the New York City area.

GK, another friend from Sunday School, now runs his own healthcare supply corporation, and travels all across the country, making money and playing golf. 

HG, an old classmate, is a very successful lawyer, and political activist.  He always has my support if he decides to run. 

KA, my pizza-making buddy from high school, is making quite the career for himself in EMS.

Bubba, my college golf buddy, is now making a killing on the PGA Tour, and I look forward to seeing his continued success.  He really does hit the ball a long way.  Even if he does use pink shafts...

I'm very impressed by the success of my friends.  I am glad to know them, and glad to see them mature into the leaders in their respective fields. 

That's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment